Generally, Skilled Independent Visa 189 subclass is the most popular skilled migration point-tested visa among immigrants throughout the world. The workers who are skilled and qualified but are not sponsored by an employer, state and territory, or a family member need this visa. A candidate who achieves a visa 189, as well as their family, will have a complete right to live and work anywhere in Australia for an unlimited period of time.
Process to Apply for a Software Engineer for Skilled Independent Subclass 189
The step by step process to Apply for a Software Engineer for Skilled Independent Subclass 189 is listed below:
STEP 1: Ascertain if the occupation is listed on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List( MLTSSL) of Australia
This is the first and primary requirement in the process of applying for Visa 189. Since Software Engineer is listed in the MLTSSL list as ANZSCO Code 261313, you can proceed further and check the other requirements. Furthermore, you should prove with relevant proof that you have the required set of skills and qualifications to work in that occupation.
STEP-2: Ensure that you meet the minimum point eligibility requirements
Another step is to make sure that you are able to meet the minimum Australia point test score of 65 points. You will be able to proceed further in your Visa 189 process only if you score minimum said points calculated for the following factors:
• Educational Qualification
• Work Experience
• Language Requirements
• Other Factors
STEP-3: Must pass the test for the skill Assessment
Since Software Engineer comes under the ICT and computing profession, an application for skills assessment should be lodged with the Australian Computer Society (ACS), as they are the authority of skills assessment for ICT occupations for migration purpose. In order to move further, the result must be positive. You can achieve a positive skill assessment if you make the below-mentioned documents ready before you apply:
Degree Certificates: Mark sheets of each semester, Transcript, Final University Degree Certificate.
STEP-4: Submit Expression of Intrest through Skill Select
You will be asked a series of questions online regarding the background of your education and work, skills & abilities, and another relevant history. ACS, as well as the Australian employers who may be finding employees of skill-set similar to you for hiring, will be reviewing your EOI. If you achieve a sponsor or nomination and your EOI meets the eligibility requirements of Visa 189, then you will be invited to apply for Visa 189.
STEP-5: Apply for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189:
You can apply for Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189 after receiving ITA.
STEP-6: Wait for a decision on your Visa Subclass 189
The DIBP may take up to more than a few months to make a decision on your visa application. So, patiently wait for a decision on your application.
Things you need to do If you have no reference letter
If you do not have a reference letter, you can ask a work colleague to write a third party official Statutory Declaration that might be taken into consideration. A Statutory Declaration is a statement that is written legally and is professed to be factual and signed when an authorized witness is present.
The authorized witness must clearly sign all the Statutory Declarations. The third-party work colleague must write the Statutory Declaration, not you (the applicant). In the Statutory Declaration, one of the following documents must be included as a supporting document:
• Copy of payslips that are certified – if possible, first and the last payslip for the period of your employment.
• Copy of Human Resource statement or Service Certificate with dates of employment that are certified.
• Copy of a Termination Letter with dates of employment that are certified.
If you require any kind of help or support regarding the procedure of visa and immigration, you can get a free consultation from our professional consultant in ACSRPLAustralia.com.
If you need help related to Employment Reference Letter, you can contact ACSRPLAustralia.com, where you will obtain more knowledge on Employment Reference along with samples related to different ANZSCO Codes. Even if you want assistance in writing your RPL report for ACS Skills Assessment, you can contact us.
Software Engineer Visa and Visa Sponsorship
Software developers can apply for a number of visas to immigrate to Australia, including the lists below:
- 1. 190 Skilled Nominated Visa
- 2. 491 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
- 3. 482 Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream
- 4. 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- 5. 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
- 6. 407 Training Visa
- 7. 485 Temporary Graduate
- 8. 189 Skilled Independent Visa
In the General Skilled Migration program, the subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa and the subclass 491 Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa are the most feasible options for software developers. The typical process is:
- 1. Acquiring a qualified migration advisor regarding your action plan and suitability for migrating to Australia.
- 2. The successful completion of an English proficiency test to support your visa application.
- 3. Obtaining a satisfactory skills assessment for your occupation.
- 4. Submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.
- 5. Obtaining a state nomination by submitting a Registration of Interest (ROI) and a strong state nomination application.
- 6. As soon as the state nomination is accepted, you should submit your visa application within 60 days.
If you are looking for expert assistance with your ACS RPL report and knowledge of the standards and procedures for ACS RPL Skilled migration to Australia, ACSRPLAustralia is the best option.