Guidelines for Writing a Perfect ACS RPL Report
The assessment criteria for engineer migration is The Recognition of Prior Learning(RPL). Those applicants who do not have ICT( Information and Communication Technology) are assessed through RPL assessment. ACS has certain criteria to assess non-ICT candidates:
- Must have six years of work experience in ICT related field
- Eight years of work experience those with zero skills
- The chosen field of expertise must be closely related to the nominated ANZSCO Code. ACS Official website provides the list of ANZSCO Codes. Your report should highlight the candidate’s competency in the related field.
Are you having a problem writing a perfect RPL report for your skill assessment? Here are some guidelines for writing a perfect RPL on your own.
Recognition of prior learning for ACS should be written in a specific format provided by ACS assessing body. If you won’t follow RPL guidelines then your RPL report will be rejected instantly. You have to follow the below guidelines and tips to write the best RPL Report for ACS.
Guidelines for writing a Perfect ACS RPL Report
You have to follow the below guidelines and tips to write the best ACS RPL Report for ACS:
- Your RPL report must be written based on your actual work experience. If you are caught writing false information then your RPL application will be rejected.
- If you have used other’s ideas in your project work then you have to mention them clearly and methods used or even diagrams and examples.
- Your ACS RPL must be completely free of any plagiarized content. Do not copy from the RPL samples available in internet sources. If the assessing body found any trace of plagiarism in your report during the assessment, you will be reported to the IBP department and could be banned. Hence, use the samples as a reference and write your RPL report in a similar format.
- ACS uses advanced tools like TURNITIN software to detect duplicates or plagiarism. So please write your report in your own words. Sometimes, unknowingly your content can be matching with other candidates’ reports. So always check for plagiarism before submitting it for the assessment.
- Use relevant job descriptions in your report that are closely related to the employment duties of the applied occupation according to the ANZSCO code list.
If you follow such guidelines for the RPL report for ACS then you will be able to write an excellent RPL report.
Tips on writing Perfect ACSRPL Report
Australian Computer Society (ACS) requires you to write two project reports to prepare a complete RPL for ACS Skills Assessment. One of the two projects must have been undertaken within the last 3 years of your visa application, and the other project should have been completed within the last 5 years of your visa application. While writing an RPL project report you should consider the following procedures:
- First of all, choose your project wisely. Select only such a project in which you can demonstrate your knowledge and skills as mentioned in any one of the ANZSCO codes that you are planning to apply for.
- Clearly mention the details about the project, the name of the project you have selected, the affiliated company, and your designated role in each of the projects in your report.
- Describe your assigned duties and responsibilities for each project. Describe how your idea is implemented in the design and development of each project which will highlight your strong areas.
- Explain the methodology applied in System Analysis and Design of each project development.
Mention the name of programming languages that were used in the project demonstrating your programming skills.
- Include all the database management techniques implemented in the project to showcase your DBMS skills.
- Include project management and quality assurance techniques followed during the project development which will showcase your managerial skill. Explain the security mechanisms implemented in the project.
- Describe ICT managerial activities, demonstrating the nature and extent of your responsibilities and competencies.
Requirements to write Perfect ACSRPL Report
Two project reports must be submitted by the RPL through Project Report Form. These reports must include projects carried in the last three years in one whereas projects undertaken in the previous five years. Here are the factors that need to taken into consideration while writing a perfect ACSRPL Report.
- The different method adopted at the time of project management and quality assurance
- Different network topologies installed for the security purpose
- Applicants contribution to the designing and implementation process
- Techniques used in system design and analysis
- Methods used in Database Design and Management
- The language used in Designing the system
- ICT Managerial Activities that reveals system plans and benefits
There is a high chance of getting a positive result in your Skills Assessment from ACS if you include all the above information in your RPL project report.